VIFG deals with the economic viability regarding the procurement of federal traffic infrastructure and on the issue of how to best finance infrastructure. VIFG is looking for new ways to make the transport system more efficient and to ensure that it remains efficient in the future.
VIFG has been involved in the project work since the development of the very first PPP projects in federal highway construction and uses this experience and knowledge to centrally process its tasks.
- The business division deals with PPP projects (Public Private Partnerships"). PPPs enable public authorities to implement necessary projects quickly and profit from the efficiency benefits of private partners. This procurement alternative PPP has already been used many times in the federal highway sector.
- Tools developed by PPP projects are refined in the service centre profitability. This includes instruments for
- preparing and examining investment decisions,
- recording life cycle costs,
- quantification and assessment of risks,
- preparing economic feasibility studies in compliance with the Federal Budget Code (BHO)
- Experiences from PPP projects are prepared systematically (knowledge base) in the PPP competence centre for federal highways and also made available to other transport carriers. In addition, the international PPP market is monitored and evaluated and appropriate committee work is carried out. The market for the private financing of transport infrastructure is regularly analysed, presented in a "financial market report on PPP projects (especially federal transport routes)" and published on our website.
On the following pages, we will be presenting our topics in the field of federal transport infrastructure procurement in more detail.